speed up xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
hey im running winxp pro on a celeron 500Mhz (192mb RAM) and yea its slow as i was wondering if anybody has idears of how i cood speed it up so far i hav:

put it in "best for performance"
turned off system restore

and its still slow as hell so if anybody has any idears on how i cood speed it up mods or what not it wood b great. i no its not gona b super fast but maybe just a little better!

thankz heeps

Here's a few to get you started that I know of.

Go into display properties-appearance-effects and turn off menu effects and shadows.

Go into the Start Menu properties by right clicking on your Start Menu. Turn off the "show shortcuts to recently used programs in start menu". Now go into the "advanced tab" and turn off "highlight newly installed programs" and uncheck "list my most recently opened documents".

Here is a link to many great tweaks to help you.

XP Performance Tweaks & Tips

i think you could tweak until the cows come home and your still gonna have alot of drag.

xp is such a resource hog that i don't even install it on systems below 1 gig cpu's.

of course if you could beef up the memory some more that could help.

you could also go in to services.msc and disable some xp programs.

here's a good guide for such.

www.blackviper.com

msconfig also and shut down any startup programs.

kool i hav done wat tribalsun said, disabled heeps of stuff in services.msc Also i hav had bad experiances with tweaking programs.

keep em coming thankz heeps

Buy a 256mb strip of ram and add it to your current setup and I bet you'll notice a significant difference. Still not extremely fast at that point but at least bearable hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom