How do I get a Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Hey all,

I hope one of you will tell me because Im not going to be using it to any bad advantage! My girlfriend was playing a trick on me and wouldnt tell me my password! My dad said that I could get a password for a user account for Win XP Pro from the regedit!!!:amazed:

Is this possible? and if so, How?:eek:

Slam'n Systems said:
Hey all,

I hope one of you will tell me because Im not going to be using it to any bad advantage! My girlfriend was playing a trick on me and wouldnt tell me my password! My dad said that I could get a password for a user account for Win XP Pro from the regedit!!!:amazed:

Is this possible? and if so, How?:eek:

Instead of messing with the registry, IMO you should just reset your password.

Restart your compuer, hit F8 and run in safe mode. Login with the Admin account. Go to control panel-->users and change the password for your account.

how can he login to the admin account without knowing his password?

i very seriously doubt your password would be in the registry, think of what a security risk that would be if it were that easy to steal passwords.

if you do figure it out man, you need to get even with them, paybacks a * :eek:

ekÆsine said:
how can he login to the admin account without knowing his password?

i very seriously doubt your password would be in the registry, think of what a security risk that would be if it were that easy to steal passwords.

if you do figure it out man, you need to get even with them, paybacks a * :eek:

First off, when logging into XP *normally* the Administrator login is not viewable, and you can *only* login as Admin through Safe Mode.

Most people (at least anyone who slightly computer literate) use a different password for the "Administrator" account, from the normal user account. That's the whole point of the Admin account, in case one needs to login, make changes, etc. so unless the same password was used for the Admin account and a normal account, this is the method *most* people use to fix situations like this. So to answer your question "how can he login to the admin account without knowing his password?" - He' should be able to do this, becuase the Admin password should be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom