X800 and its 'recommended' PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeromem

Solid State Member
I'm looking into upgrading my PC with a higher-end vid card. The card I'm looking into is the ATI Radeon X800 Pro. My biggest concern with putting such a whopper in my PC is the power supply it needs. ATI 'recommends' a 300 Watt power supply and, my system being a mini- barebone, I only have like 220 W. Now, all I have in it are the mobo, DVD-ROM/CD-RW, 250 GB HDD, and floppy, so I guess my question is this: With the current system I have, would it still be possible to run an ATI X800 Pro off the current Power Supply. I don't wanna hear any 'It's not recommended' cuz that's already obvious. What I wanna hear is a 'Don't even risk it' or 'It should work'. Something along those lines. Any help is appreciated.

PLEEEEEEEASE do not get the X800 Pro. Get the eVGA Nvidia GeForce 6800GT. It is 50-75% faster than the X800 Pro at the same price. Believe me, I have an X800 and I wish every day I would have gotten the 6800.

dont get that card man. For the same price you can the Nvidia Geforce 6800GT (evga) and OC it to Ultra speeds and have an incredible amount of performance at your fingers. youll regret getting the x800pro and it is deffinately NOT recomended byu puting that video card on that power supply

220w...yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say 'Dont even risk it'

It's the power house to your system man. You need a good 400w IMO with like 20a on the +12v rail.

Nubius said:
220w...yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say 'Dont even risk it'

It's the power house to your system man. You need a good 400w IMO with like 20a on the +12v rail.

6800GT is the route to go, many people got royally screwed by their x800's here.

I say you need a 400watt with 18amps on the 12v rail :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
6800GT is the route to go, many people got royally screwed by their x800's here.

I say you need a 400watt with 18amps on the 12v rail :)

Yeah, uh... do I really need to tell you to LOOK UP ^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom