200GB HDD
WinXP SP1
1GB RAM
128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
52/24/52/16X CD-RW/DVD
AMD 3000+

:D :D :D

my advice:
dont buy winxp, theres probably lots of other ways to get it for free *whistles innocently* winxp will add like 200++ dollars!
for 1GB ram, its not currently nescessary inless ur gonna be doing video editing..

butif u wanna get it anyways, i suggest getting dual channel memory sticks =p

ur hdd, again if ur gonna be doing video editing, a size that big might be needed. its gonna suk ifu buy a 200 hdd, and then a year later same hdd comes out, lower price, higher rpms =)

you can easily overclock an amd XP2500 to XP3200 by changing cpu front side bus from 166 to 200 and it will cost you only $92 for retail box with heatsink/ fan at www.newegg.com.

i would wait until the CPU prices come down on the XP2700+ and up. but if you have money to waste.......which apparently you do by the parts you have chosen

i can definitely say i love the radeon 9800 pro. I just built my computer. If you dont need all the space (36gb or less) go with a Western Digital Raptor drive. It runs at 10k rpms. I just got one and i love it. Definitely go with dual channel memory. I got 1gb PC3200 corsair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom