Nforce4 SLI Roundup..Best SLI Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, the games can be played at higher-end now without SLI. HL2 looks great on my friend's FX5700.

SLI with dual cards gives you some braggin' rights though... hehe.

Funny, the ad in the blue box at the bottom of the page happens to have 2 links for SLI as I'm writing this... :p

-x86

HL2 looks great on my friend's FX5700.
I got the FX 5700 and I'm gonna have to somewhat disagree with that. Although it looks pretty good and ran decent with this card, you gotta remember the card is only using DX8.1 on that game. It can't even come close to handeling DX9, that's why when this 6600GT arrives I'm gonna replay HL2 cause I'll be able to see it with all it's DX9 goodness :D

Really? He must have the Ultra then, or maybe a 5900... I'm not entirely sure, and it's 12:40 so I can't call him up. Heh. It's in the FX series, and the game looks good.

-x86

Really? He must have the Ultra then, or maybe a 5900... I'm not entirely sure, and it's 12:40 so I can't call him up. Heh. It's in the FX series, and the game looks good.
None of the FX series supports DX9 in HL2 or can handle it. Even the FX 5900 Ultra ;)

Well, it looks nice and plays good, so it's fine by me. :cool:

That's pretty much why I'm not gung-ho about the SLI boards. If it works, it works.

-x86

Yeah cause it can handle DX8.1 aright. Mine does too, but technically it's not HL2s FULL GLORY!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom