AGP 8x on 4X mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hi

i was just told by a guy in the computer shop my warrenty on my GF 6600GT doesnt count becasue it is 8xAGP, and my motherboard is 4x.

My GF6600GT doesnt work properly, and most people say its due to the card itself. I have been told that even though its 8x, it should just run ar 4x, like it says it doesn on my comp.

can any one give me a convrete answer plz

thx

Kronos

An 8x video card works on a 4x motherboard. The guy at the computer shop doesnt know his thing. A 8x video card has a backward compatibility with 4x motherboards. As for your video card not working properly, you might want to state specifically whats wrong with it and along with the Spec of your system.

Wall7486 said:
An 8x video card works on a 4x motherboard.... A 8x video card has a backward compatibility with 4x motherboards.

Check ur mobo and videocard specs, make sure each says 8x / 4x compatible (look in the manual or on the box). if both support it, go into ur mobos bios if ur videocard lets u get that far, then go into advanced settings, probably, and change the setting to 4x. if u cant get that far, then ud have to borrow a different videocard.

thx

ill tell the guy this stuff, and check it out on my comp.

i told the guy my prob, my mobo, and anything elso i could
most ppl i talk to says it can, it will just operate at the lower speed

thx

Kronos

What would the card being 8x and the mobo being 4x have anything to do with a warrenty?

nothing... id say he just doesnt want to pay up so hes tryin to trick you with the assumption you know jackpoop about computers

the guy said that its my mobos fault my graphics card doesnt work, therefor not covered by warrenty

on the back of the graphics card box it even says 4x 8x compatibility, or somethin like that.

ok
can someone help me out here

i wrote into the guy and that u guyz said it should work, and heres what he said.

"That is 100% true if the motherboard was a 4x/8x motherboard

Yours is not.

I believe the video card is 100% ok and that it is an incompatibility with your agp port or the fact you have sis chipset board"

any respone on this would be good

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom