512mb 6800 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yeah man its 256bit. You should know that! I cant wait to see the new mobo's for those cards. Before i know it, i'll be deciding what dual core i want, and how to afford a 6800 512bit card lol. I dont see that happening though... I wanted my next new system to be a Intel. But those new AMD's sound too sweet.

Hopefully i'll have a second job by then, so i can afford something like that. I think im going to spend alot of money on my next processor. I want to get something really good.

I'm pretty sure the bit doesn't coorelate with the memory amount. Meaning you can have a 256bit card with only 128mb like the 9800XT or something was like that? Could be wrong though.

But yeah majistic your card isn't 512mb, they arent out yet for the public.

Also ATI claims their 512mb card still performans faster than their 256mb because 'todays games are already surpassing the 256mb frame buffer' so I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia pulled the same kind of deal.

Just imagine how many nvidia spies were at the ATI overclocking convention in dallas this past weekend lol. Tons of new radeon motherboards and GPUs and whatnot.

I believe its not the fact that it will run faster, but smoother. It will be able to store more textures at once, and not have to call to the main CPU for more instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom