Where to buy build systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some pretty good deals at Best Buy but the problem with off the shelf pc's is the competition factor that drives manufacturers to use cheap components and leave no room for expansion.The only off the shelf I would consider would be Alienware,which was around $2700.00 at Best Buy the last time I checked.Also check TigerDirect.com,I've never purchased nething from them but they've been around for awhile and their prices seem VERY good.

IMPO

NEWEGG.COM is by far the best place to buy any computer related components. The site is very easy to use and very secure. With standard shipping i've received every order, no matter how large or small in 4 days or less. Their prices are some of the lowest you'll find.

If I were you, i won't buy a preassembled. Use this forum as a source of knowledge to aid you in your build. Do some research, buy your parts and start your build.

HAVOC2k5 said:
IMPO

NEWEGG.COM is by far the best place to buy any computer related components. The site is very easy to use and very secure. With standard shipping i've received every order, no matter how large or small in 4 days or less. Their prices are some of the lowest you'll find.

If I were you, i won't buy a preassembled. Use this forum as a source of knowledge to aid you in your build. Do some research, buy your parts and start your build.

exactly.

bestbuy teh sux0rs, alienware = biggest ripoff ever
oh and tiger direct is teh biggest suxor when it comes to rebates, and their systemax crap is crap

thx for the replies i decided to go with newegg.com this will be my first built :p hopefully everythign works after install it

Best Buy???

bigtimeballer50 said:
like stock comps? if so try bestbuy compusa or circuit city if u want 2 make urown shit with ur own parts order it at newegg.com

Do u go home every day and ram head first into several brick walls in quick succession?

I WERK, soon to be werked, AT BEST BUY. I know how much of a ripoff we are. thats one of the main reasons im resigning. Also, we have to sell all kinds of crap on top of any system we sell;

I.E. Performance Service Plan ( waste of money), Accessories (Blank Cd's USB Flash Drives, Ink, all grossly overpriced), Video/Soundcards that you can find for about 50 $ cheaper online.

Every salesman at every PC department Best Buy is concerned with four main things.

1. Budget: did u sell enough stuff today?
2. PSP: did you get at least 10% of all ppl who bought a desktop / Laptop today to walk out of here with a 3 yr excuse of a service plan that costs an average of 250$ ?
3. Accessories/UPT (units per transaction): when ppl walk into the store today, did they walk out with an average of 2 items or 2 different things on their reciept?
4. CARE +: Contact, Ask to ask questions, Recommend (a piece of crap), encourage (the sell).

Now i should say that yes, Best Buy does have many good computers but at how much? and this doesnt just apply to best buy, COMPUSA, Office Depot, Office Max, Circuit City, Walmart, Dell(god, why???) they are all the same in the fact that the comps are crap.

ask the local nerd to build you one and throw him a bone, give him a couple bucks to go and buy the much wanted ATI 9800 Pro All-in-wonder.

my specs are

amd 64 3000 939

cosair value seclect 512 3200 ram

antec perfomrance plus with 430 watt psu

leadtek nvidia 6600 gt

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NF-9" NVIDIA nForce4 4X Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

i dont know if this is good or shoudl buy the auus kv8 deluxe

NEwEgg is definately #1 in my books,also read the buyers feedbacks there.Start perusing the build forums now to get prepared,its not hard to build a pc its usually the software that will be the stumbling block.Dont try to get all tricked out at once,dont go cheap on the power supply and motherboard.These 2 items will be your building blocks.Remember 1 thing,once you get your feet wet you're gonna be hooked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom