Building My Comp (im 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidrain19

Beta member
i live in canada so im going to order from www.atic.ca , also i work at mcdonalds for $6 an hour cuz i go to school. im hoping to keep the whole price of the computer (just the tower) under 1200.

so i was thinking for my mother board id get an asus a8n-SLi deluxe its got socket 939 and pci express so its got alot potenshal for upgrading.

for cpu i want to get AMD athlon64 3200, it only runs at 2Ghz but its got 2000mhz of bus speed and is s939, so i could always upgrade

the video card i want to get a pci-e one, i can never make up my mind, i like to play games but i also do alot of web design and movie editing/creating. i was thinking about getting the MSI 6600 gt, im not sure though, its also a good price, (if you know one that would be better for me plz tell me).

for the ram im getting just 512, can always upgrade, hdd 80 gig cheap one, and for drives and case just get the cheapest i can( i can always burn cd/dvd on my dads comp)

thnx for readin, give any suggestions.

Sounds great. I have eVGA and everyone recommends them but if the MSI saves money go for it as I only hear great things about their cards also and they mobo's are great quality too.

I have an eVGA FX5600 Ultra and i couldnt be happier with it. Later this summer im gonna upgrade my CPU, my Ram, my Graphics card, and my CPU heatsink/fan any suggestions?
BTW the cpu has to be socket 478 p-4 sorry all you amd people but im keeping the mobo. But As for your comp i think your a bit overbudget. I built my whole system see below specs for less than $500

my system

1.8 ghz P-4 oc'd to 2.2 ghz
Abit IS7-E2 mobo
generic 450w PSU
Samsung 512 PC2700 ram
Dual combo Drives
eVGA GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
80 gig maxtor
10 gig Fujitsu
7 Gig Fujitsu
All packed inside Aspire's X-Infinity Case with extra L.E.D. fans And a set of dual ccfl lights
Total Cost $480
Take that all you rich people

Check out ncix.com and tigerdirect.ca if your in Canada

If your in ontario, you dont get charged PST fron ncix.com

Also, about mcdonalds, minimum wage is now 7.15$ an hour isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom