cant go online after spyware scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
recently used ad-scan program(spy-bot search and destroy & microsoft giant adware scan beta1) and noticed a question mark appeared on the lower right hand side of the status icon, go into properties and it's ip and subnet mask becomes all zeros,i tried to use repare, but it gives me the following message:"The following steps of the repair operation failed:Renewing the Ip address Refreshing all Dhcp leases and re-registering DNS names please contact your network administrator or isp. i also tried to reset it which works very well usually, but it does not help this time, it is a westell versalink w327 wireless modem-router combo which is verizon official modem for now, is it possible that i deleted some system file during scan? thanks for help in advence

that surely is the most basic way, which repair does all that and more, us c the message which saids"Renewing the Ip address Refreshing all Dhcp leases...." and the reset method i mention there i probably much advence method then doing the ipconfig release then renew.

ok, now i used the ipconfig release and renew and it gives me this messages, while release, it saids it has already being released(of course its all zeros already :) ) , while type ipconfig /renew it saids an error occured while renewing interface localarea connection: the system cannot find the file specified. perhaps that should give some clues, but the problem is, what is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom