eVGA 6600GT on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but my girlfriend on the other hand.....................
She works for her money....she works you :p

Thanks manh for all the help on my crappy crud video card and i hope yours rox your sox =D
Yeah, I sure hope to hell it does too. I guess I'd better give it a day of burn in time then OC the hell out of it, so if I fry it I can RMA it to newegg and say 'Yeah it was DOA' :p muahahahaha

MAAAAN Why can't I win the lotto :D

If I was just stinkin rich I'd hold contests here and give away a bunch of badass hardware.

definitely congrats. i know since ive got my new card i went back and starting playing all my games again and they really seem better now. maybe its just in my head but theres definitely a difference. anyway as far as buying a pcie card and agp being obsolete thats far from true. pcie is not living up to expectations at all (so far of course), and when and if it does there will be so many better cards out there youll need another upgrade anyway. plus you never know which of these new technologies will stick around for the long haul and which will come and go. pcie looks like its here for the long run, but so have other technologies that never reached there expected levels and were eventually dropped. so to summarize this long ass paragraph i hope you enjoy the sore ass you will get from spending 25 hours a day playing games with your new card.

lol dude I already played that much with this dern FX. I will finally have a reason to re-install doom3 and beat it. And then I can post a complaint about how the 6600GT sucks cause it won't play 1280x1024 (my monitors max) Ultra settings, 8x aa, 16x af :p hehehe

But yeah you gotta figure, they'd have to like...remake a 6600GT or something because the current PCI-E offers not too much better performance than the AGP version, so they'd have to make one that fully utilizes PCI-E bandwidth.

But yeah overall I know I'll notice a difference. Currently in Kotor: II I gotta play 1024x768 res high graphic detail, no aa, no af cause the smoke just kills my frame rate.

I'm pretty sure with this card I should be able to put it at 1280x1024, 8xaa, and 8x AF and have no problems, BUT I honestly don't know about 8x AA, you don't really notice a diff between 4x and 8x, and 8x just might tax it WAY too much since nvidia doesnt like high AA settings

I still can't ever tell much of a difference with aa/af settings. I run CSS at 4/8, but honestly can't tell much of a difference if I turn them off. The res and detail settings seem to make way more of a difference IMO, and those don't tax the FPS as much.

Congrats nubius. Hope you have fun with that. I was looking at one for my pc I planned, but It will take me probley 1-2 years to pay buy it. By then, the 6800gts or ultras might be at a reasonable price.

Congrats, Nubius. Be sure to post some benchies when you get it put in. I will be interested to see how your system fares with the 6600GT.

I still can't ever tell much of a difference with aa/af settings. I run CSS at 4/8, but honestly can't tell much of a difference if I turn them off. The res and detail settings seem to make way more of a difference IMO, and those don't tax the FPS as much.
Yeah, in Kotor: II I maxed out everything (while I was in the ship and not moving lol) just to see how the graphics looked. And at 1280x1024 it the AA even at 2x really rounds out the edges. In HL2 you can notice a huge differen between trilinier and then 2x or 4x AF though. The background becomes a lot clearer.

Now I'll be able to play HL2 with all it's DX9 goodness!

Congrats, Nubius. Be sure to post some benchies when you get it put in. I will be interested to see how your system fares with the 6600GT.
Thanks beedub. DJ-Chris and I will be putting our systems up against each other. His 2.3GHz AMD64 against my 2.5GHz XP-M. I figure my XP-M will need a couple hundred MHz over his to be comparable, because theres no doubt 2.3GHz vs 2.3GHz his would win. Other than that we both have 1gb of RAM, and he has an XFX 6600GT so we want to see how the systems compare. Hopefully we can get some nice benches and screenies for you guys to check out. After a stock run we're also going to have to see how far we can overclock our cards and get some different benches :D

let me join in :D

Add an intel into ur benching :)

I've got the sparkle 6600gt, 3.2 478, 1gb Cheapo ram.

puhleeeeeeease!

let me join in

Add an intel into ur benching

I've got the sparkle 6600gt, 3.2 478, 1gb Cheapo ram.

puhleeeeeeease!
lol fine by me. I will probably get DJ-Chris's MSN assuming he has one, and I'll need yours assuming you have one :p

He's gotta wait to get his card back because he recently had it RMA'd. But yeah I figure we'll do stock settings and then try OC'ing each card. See who gets the furthest OC (with stock HSF though, I wont have anything more so I hope you have stock HSF on that 6600GT) and then after the OC see who has the best scores.

I figure we'll do a SiSoftware Sandra CPU Multimedia and Arithmatic bench. Possibly a memory bench just so we have some statistics to work with.

Then 3dmark03 for the card/system testing to see what kind of score we get on that. Then OC'ing results.

Hopefully will have a nice amount of screens and almost a 'review' like feel to it.

PM me your MSN VIII and DJ-Chris please do the same, so we can organize this down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom