NOISY HSF - need a some sort of ducting mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Last year, I was installing Thremaltake Xtra Ducting Mods on cases to keep the temperator down inside the case. And in doing so, this kept the heat and fan noise down too.

The problem that I can not get the Thremaltake Xtra Ducting Mods any more, so I cam going to need to get a subsitute?

Any recommendations?

They just not available over there anymore?

I know lazerman direct me to a duct mod at frozencpu, but I don't even know if they ship there and currently I can't find it.

How about just buying a couple fans (you'll need the outside rims so technically you'll be destroying them :D ) some dryer tubing and making your own?

Dont they make special mods that have a tube that goes to a case fan and brings in realy cool air? I remember seeing a kit one time for $15 was thinking about buying it but they didnt ship to the US.

They are available at newegg. But outside the us it might be a problem. I listed the newegg link for others intrested, and a different site for those outside the us.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-999-118&depa=0

http://www.bendcars.net/mancocapac/index-accessories-cpu.htm
http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=catalog&item=35-999-118

I have this ducting mod on my athlon xp, and it works very well. Just make sure that it will fit in your case. It does take a little while to attach it, maybe it was because of my hs, and how it was too tall to use the mobo tray. But it is a great way to help cool your cpu and damper the noise.

Nubius said:
They just not available over there anymore?
Not sure what going on to be honest.

One week my disty say he can't get them in.
Next week my disty say he might get them in.
Following week my disty say he can get them in with a min order quantity.
Week After my disty says that they are discontinued
This week my disty say that he has found some, but he is waiting for some one to reply is MSM Messager message.

GeckoEcho421 said:
Home Depot. Hack Saw. PVC Pipe. Couple Of Elbow PVC Pipe. Some Pocket Change.
If I was me making the final desision on this thing, then I would. But since I am not, I can't.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I have this ducting mod on my athlon xp, and it works very well. Just make sure that it will fit in your case. It does take a little while to attach it, maybe it was because of my hs, and how it was too tall to use the mobo tray. But it is a great way to help cool your cpu and damper the noise.

Acutally I am not connecting them to the HEAT SINK, I am actually connecting them to the back air vent to bring the case fan closer to the heat sinks. I few of my clients are on the cheap side when in comes down to purchasing a quality heat sink. But a $5 item I can easily sneak in with out them noticing the price difference.

And so far, I have been getting alot of success with it.

I think i found a solution that should work.

I am installing one of those PSU with a fan that sucks air out of the case. After all, hot air rises.

All I need now is a cheap supply on those....

STAY TUNED.............

anybody know of any ideas to quiet down 2 vantec tornadoes without having to slow them down. probably a dumb question, but id like to have the full cooling capabilites without having the turbine engine noise.

i just dont want to quiet down my pc by making it hotter like turnning down the fans or insulating the case which would keep more hot air in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom