Constant lock-ups/lag in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
Im currently OC'ing my nvidia geforce 5200 FX vid card, but not at its maximum OC speeds. When i run games, the highest settings being on doom 3, i get constant lock-ups, and oddly long frame skipping every once in a while, on doom 3 it doesnt go away, on others it will eventually. Is my OC'ing causing this? or does anyone know another source for the problem?

Yeah, 5200 hardly runs doom 3 :-/ Try benchmarking it with 2dmark03 or 05 and post the results with both OC'ed and stock.

5200 hardly runs anything. It's a budget card. Not meant for gaming at all. Go to www.nvidia.com click the FX series and it will tell you this. It's not a performance card at all and I'm surprised it can even remotely handle doom muchless high settings.

Your OC is indeed causing the lockups and trying to run doom3 at high settings.

No doubt you have some room to OC but it's not going to handle doom3 at high settings at all

No, doom is not on high settings, im just saying that it is the most graphically advanced game that im trying to run, its on medium settings.

System Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2ghz
ABit nf7-s2g mobo
768mb DDR400 PC3200 RAM

It's still not that good for games period. Try counter-strike and if you get less than 99 fps at all then it's crap.

well for gaming its either this card, or my 9200 ati xtacy PCI card. so which would you choose? and i didnt ask for criticism i just need to know if the OC'ing of this card is causing the lock-ups, i dunno if youve ever played world of warcraft, but even on there it locks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom