Mobo in question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberkil

Solid State Member
Hey again. Back with questions and troubleshooting problems...

About a month ago, I posted about my computer not coming back on again after a strange quirk with what I thought was the PSU. I received a new PSU in days (Thanx, Newegg!) but I still have the same problem. Computer doesn't even boot, can tell its getting a small jolt of power from PSU and then cutting off again, and I've tried everything possible.

I'm suspecting that this is either a CPU or Mobo error, and I'm wondering how I can solve this problem without going Ninja style on this piece. Here's the specs again.

FOXCONN 865M01 (Intel P4) Mobo
P4 Prescott HT 3.0Ghz CPU
450 Watt PSU
Rosewill Radeon 9600
Corsair Value Select 1GB RAM

Like I said, I'm now sure that this is either a Mobo issue or a CPU problem. I don't get any beeps from my internal speaker, so I know this isn't a RAM problem. I even pulled out my CPU and re-applied the thermal paste, because there was some leakage on the edges.

Is there anyway to see if I fried my Mobo somehow? And what exactly can static electricity do to a Mobo? I was pretty sure I was grounded when working inside, but the machine was on the rug. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well, that's the thing. It worked for a while, without any hiccups. One day I tried burning a CD, and the computer died on me. hasn't booted up since.

Edit: I would try playing around in my other computer, problem is my other comp is an Athlon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom