OEM CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine came in a little brown box with paddin holdin it in place. ive had 2oem cpus before and both have worked great, i refuse to buy a heatsink and fan that i never ever use

They come with a peice of paper that says CPU with a barcode on it, and some plastic packaging. And a half centimeter by 5 cm by 5 cm peice of padding

i would definitely be careful buying any OEM CPU's these days...always try to buy Retail if you can.

i've just read an article that stated in malaysia, a few thousand CPU's were "stolen" from the factory and ppl tried to sell them as OEM and marked on the CPU's that they were faster than what they really were to get more money.

i.e., claimed they were selling Athlon 3200+ chips but really they ended up being 2800+ chips to unsuspecting ppl.

just be careful that's all.

i just play it safe and buy Retail when i can...you are certain of getting your warranty if anything goes wrong.

but after saying that...you can say that about any computer OEM hardware actually...

hmmmmm well im buying off someone over the net that ive been palying cz with for quite a while. Its a 3200+ and hes selling it for £65 and its supposidly new. He says he knows someone who works for ebuyer.

But now youve said that, its kinda worrying. I think i might go with a 3000+ retail and be safe ... what do you think ?

wow 3200+ for that...well I was gonna say cheap but I have no idea how much £65 is in US dollars. Assuming it was 2 us dollars for every pound and being $130 which would be like $20 cheaper than if you bought it from any online store...but I doubt the rate exchange is quite like that

EDIT: Tell him you want pictures, multiple pics, with his handwriting on a piece of paper with the date and time behind it so you know it's not a random pic. You need a closeup of the CPU so you can get the numbers off of it. That'll tell you what it is.

oh aright so yeah it is almost double. Aright then it's not an insanely suspicious cheap deal, not for here anyway. For you that is indeed one helluva price difference, basically half that of what it normally should be.

Well like I said, I'd advise getting some pics of it so you can see the CPU which has writing on it which will tell you what it is.

It'd say like AMD3200+0438 right across the top

okie dokie i will see if i can get some pics. He was selling two to someone else aswell, a 3200+ and a 3500+ so i will see if they received the right ones etc.

The good thing is he said he would send it first, then when i get it i send the money.... so if its not the right thing, i guess i could just send it strate back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom