SATA setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay

Baseband Member
I just bought a Western Digital serial ata hard drive connected all right! having trouble installing a o.s, any 1 no the proceadure to this installation and i dont have a floppy drive, is it possible without a floppy drive.??

the only way to do it without a floppy drive is to make a slipstream CD which is no easy task.

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/READING/addraid.htm

There's instructions on how to do it, but you need to simply get a floppy.

You gotta hit F6 at the very beginning of the windows setup, right when the screen goes blue it'll say 'Press F6 to install 3rd party SCSI/RAID drivers' and then it'll load them from the floppy unless you make that slipstream

Well the windows CD doesn't come with SP2 unless you've made a slipstream CD with those in there so that doesn't really help his situation

Nubius is exactly right.

If your MOBO has onboard SATA interfaces then you need the MOBO CD Installation disk. All the SATA & RAID drivers will be on that disk. And you will need to put those files on a floppy.

If you are using a SATA host card then the drivers will be on that CD-ROM or floppy.

Either way, buy a floppy drive. You can get one for less then $8.00.

Can he remove Windows XP CD, when the pop-up window of requesting the driver show, and put the SATA CD Driver instead?! and when the installation finish, he puts back the Windows XP CD again?!

Ok now im realli in trouble got a floppy ! got the drivers, press F6 pik the option "done that" when im instaling windows it comes up with multiple errors should i just ignore these?

1.Has not passed windows logo testing to verify its capability with windows xp

2.Recommands you stop installing

3.VIA Serial ATA RAID contoroller Has not passed windows logo testing to verify its capability with windows xp

4."Device installer error" windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive Contact ur hard ware vendore assistance.

5. Windows could not load the installer for battery.

Now i have updated the bios to the newest version still the same wtf is going on here???

thanks to any 1 who can help me out!

Can he remove Windows XP CD, when the pop-up window of requesting the driver show, and put the SATA CD Driver instead?! and when the installation finish, he puts back the Windows XP CD again?!
No, it doesn't even look for to the CD-ROM, and you can't browse which device you want to search for, it's written into the winXP setup program to search drive A: for a floppy.

The first few errors like 'Has not passed logo testing' blah blah blah is common and you should just select 'Install anyway'

As far as device error you need to make sure your cables are all nice and tight on the SATA drive and motherboard itself.

Also make sure you didn't plug in the SATA power connector AND the 4pin, you need to plug in one or the other not both. If you plug in both that can fry the drive by giving it too much juice.

Also make sure you didn't plug in the SATA power connector AND the 4pin, you need to plug in one or the other not both. If you plug in both that can fry the drive by giving it too much juice.????

dont understand ?? plz re type simpler :D

....it doesn't get much simpler than that dude. There's two ways to give power to the SATA drive. A SATA power connector and your regular 4pin molex. Don't plug them both in. Which is what I typed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom