which of these 2 is better for games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
dont ask questions/tell me to buy a new comp (i know i want to)

just plz tell which is better for counter strike source

this dell: (MINE IS A 1.8 GHZ P4)http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4500s/specs.htm#1101572

or

this 2.8 ghz celeron compaq

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00061385

see, i am using the 2.8 w/ some other upgrades in it now,(768 ram, PCI card) but when my bro soon goes to college i get his dell, but would it even be worth it to switch all my stuff to the dell

u sure? on another forum ppl tell me the celeron, tho i have heard celeron's suck for gaming

if it is the dell, i want to overclock, but is that hard? or even possible on the dell?

They are probably telling you the celeron because it runs at 1 more ghz than the p4 but celerons suck. The p4 is better equipped but I doubt you'll be able to run cs:s at any reasonable quality due to the lack of a decent video card in the system (all i see is onboard video)

Your big problem from what I can see is that neither have an AGO slot? That sucks rectum. You can see what your options are as far as getting a decent PCI video card, but I don't know. With out that neither will perform worth a damn playing CSS.

no no no.....i already have a new PCI card...i know pci sux but its my only option

its a radeon 9250 256mb 128 bit PCI

i can run CSS Ok on the celeron, not even close to what almost everyone else does but still i can play

i was just wondering to see if it was worth it to switch over sometime

yes that pissed me off that the compaq didnt have an AGP i just got it a lil under a year ago, so it aint old

i should'a checked, i got it b4 i knew anyting about gaming, vid cards, etc

Why don't you try both computers? It's not like you can't take the card back out once you've put it into the dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom