maxtor hard drive locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavi85

Solid State Member
i accidently locked my maxtor harddrive. dont know how or what code was used but i did. also the comp that i locked it on is gone. is there a master key to unlock the mactor drives? any help will be apreciated. THANKS

What did you use to lock it? I have only locked drives for use in an xbox using configmagic, and on that, yes there is a master code.

So... can we stop making fun and offer some real advice? Keyboard and magnetic particles?

The only way I know how to lock a hard drive is to put it in a safe and close the door. Why do you think you're hard drive is "locked"? Tell us what you see on the screen when you try to use it.

You can lock a hard drive. I think it is typically locked to the EEPROM, so the drive can only be used for that specific computer. The only place I used it, like I said was for xbox modding. The hdd inside the xbox needs to be locked in order to run it on the stock bios. I found this link, although that seems too esy, but worth a shot.

Again, what did you use to lock the hdd in the first place, and why :confused:

well actually i locked it with my xbox. the situation was i also got banned from xbox live. in a attempt to get back on by unbanning my xbox i got a stock xbox harddrive and a new unbanned eeprom. well stupid me took out my 80g without unlocking it from xbox. then flashed eeprom. thats when i relized i was stupid cause know the xbox has a new serial and everything so i cant put the 80g in the xbox cause it wont read it cause its locked to the original eeprom and took make me even more stupid never had a backup of original eeprom.

if there is a master code how can i get it. i already tried calling maxtor they where really no help just gave me a link to unlocking tivo harddrives. wich is not set as high a security lock as the xbox locked the 80g.

this site would be god to me if u guys can help me get this hard drive working again. THANKS.

and heres the link about unlocking tivo hard drives
http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/warranty/dvr_disclaimer_final.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom