getting the most out of my 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
I got my eVGA 6600gt yesterday and its pretty good.
But i want to get the most out of my card. I just downloaded 3dmark05 and i got 2857, which i thought was sorta low compared to other systems with the same card. ( they all had around 6000s). Can any1 tell me how to improve the performance of my card?

ps-i dont know how to overclock so...

I think that score is right on dude. 3dmark05 is a ridiculously intensive test. the only way to get performance is to OC lol so you just gotta learn. Graphics cards are the easiest to OC. I actually ordered my eVGA 6600GT today! :D cant wait.

Also try www.3dguru.com and get the 71.47 drivers I believe they are, maybe 71.50 I hear those and SP2 give a nice boost in performance.

so the program that mostly everybody uses to find their 3dmark is 3dmark03 right?

One more thing...

Overcocking doesnt require liquid cooling right?

cuz i have like 5 fans in my computer and it says at an average of 80 degrees F . Overclocking wont damage it right?

Overcocking doesnt require liquid cooling right?
not at all. Keep your temps decent and you're fine.

Overclocking wont damage it right?
Well yeah overclocking CAN damage it of course. You're forcing it to do more work than it was technically designed for. But if you follow basic overclocking 'safety' procedures you'll be aright. OC'ing a graphics card is by far easier than a CPU or RAM.

You bump up the core and memory speeds and before the program allows you to set those speeds it has to 'test' it. Theres always a "test settings' button. If it doesnt pass that it won't allow you to set it.

Bump it up to a certain point and run 3dmark03. If you see artifacts, fuzz, 'snow' around your screen or something just generally not what it should be, or if the 3d program completely shuts down and errors, back down the speeds a little bit and try again.

hey nub what program do u use to view ur gpu temps??

i got 3338 in 3dmark 05...

id say whats making ur score lower is ur ram. add another 512 n u should be up there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom