Built it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

In Runtime
Hey guys.. I haven't been around in a while, but I wanted to thank everyone who helped me descide what components to get when building my new system. I built it Fri. and am ecstatic..

For those of you who may be thinking about building your own system.. Just do it. This was the first system I built from scratch. (I had frankenstiened several before) and as long as you take some time before you start dumping everything in the box to read the manuals and put together a process to follow (at least in your head) you shouln't have any problems. From start to finish it took me several hours to finish this project up, but alot of that was taken up with routing wires because I have a windowed case. However, once the build was finished it POSTed first time and WinXP pro installed in about 15 min.

here's the specs if anyone is interested:

Thermaltake Case
480W PSU
Althon XP 2500+ (OCed to 3200+)
Asus N7A8X-DX mobo
1 Gb Corsair XMS pc3200 (timings are at 5-2-3-2-1T, I believe)
2x80g Maxtor SATA drives on Raid 0
Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 Ultra
Connexant Video Capture card (TitanTV.com rocks!)
16x DVD
48x/24x/48x CDRW
using stock sound from mobo, but it comes with full 6.1 surround.
(other assundry items like keyboard, mouse, etc)

Have fun everyone,
Alexander

btw, system ended up costing about $1100 including shipping.

Absolutely Fantastic!~!

the machine sounds awesome, and the OC sounds good!

post a pic,, i would like to see the system on,, did you get the cold cathode tubes, or led's inside?

plus,, is that 1100 us dollars or another country??

cuz, for what you got,, that would cost me MORE $$$$ than that,,

sounds a great deal,,

Cheers.

yeah, I have that board and the sound rocks!

Glad to know you took that step twords computer freedom. Now we just have to get you Linux.

Keep in mind guys that when you build your own PC you know everything in there. When you have to upgrade, you know what to replace and arn't hindered by everything being on-board (like compaq, dell, hp) and if something goes wrong you know what to look at.

The $$ was us dollars.. I still have to get a new monitor though.. Looking at a 21" from viewsonic.. I think it'll make a nice addition..

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom