Is my GF 6600 GT really stuffed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same exact problem with my RADEON 9600. I got the card about 3-4 months ago and thats when the problem started. I'm playing WarCraft III and all the sudden my screen freezes and this box says "Your video card stopped responding and the drivers had to be reset, please tell ATI about this problem" and sometiems it happens once-twice in 1 game. It lagged me out of the game before, because it took 30-60s to get back to the game, but since i got my new PCU it takes 10-30s.
I recently got a new mobo (ASUS P4P800 SE) replaced my old ASUS board and the problem still exists. I think it might be caused by my Video Card. I have the newest drivers and i also played around with the settings (set to max performance), but I still can't get rid of the problem.
Do you guys think its the Video Card that causes this??

thx for all the help

was just wondering if Gigabyte was a good brand for graphics?

thx

Chrono

i think i may be able to trade my Sparkle GF6600 GT in for a gigabyte one if it doesnt work, which i think it doesnt.

Is gigabyte good? Ive herd them alot in motherboards, but are they trusted for graphics cards?

ehh .. how much do uhave to spend? i mean if its like 10-20 dollars more wouldnt u rather spend it and buy a nice eVGA or a PNY instead of keeping trading around crappy manufactuars? For the video card problem i had the exact same problem because like everyone was saying i had a cheap brand mobo and vid card. Im also a kid (14) so i understand that 10-20 dollars more is big leap. (i save my lunch money for bout 4 months ) =D.

(i save my lunch money for bout 4 months )
And I thought I was the only one :p

Chrono try downclocking your card, that's what I did and it seems to work, will see for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom