jobs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
got a question... every ones saying its hard to get a computer job and im not so sure about that b/kus im still young. but id prefer a job in computers mainly b/kus i enjoy working on them. kinda sux to me kus it seems like its hard to find a job with technology which is the only thing im good at.. lol (figures) so i was just curious if any one knows ppl that found it easy or hard to find a job with computers... odd question i know but still thanx for any replies..

I know where i'm from you'll have to look for a couple month's to find a computer related job,Just about every type of computer course you can imagine is booked for 2 or 3 month's in advance:mad: so it just go's to show you how much computer's play a role in today's work force.

...figures one thing i like and can get a job in is taken! oh well. ill still work on computers for my own enjoyment i guess. still young for now but i dont like thinking like that... kus sooner or later ill need a good paying job.. so i figure id ask now..
thanx = )

It's impossible to get computer related job in Finland, but im a student for few a few more years so the problem is still in future but it's coming closer every day :(

well after my school was done and I was left searching for a job, I beleive I must have send out at least 20 resumes before I got a reply from a company that I cannot recommend, I think they are/still are called TCM (thecomputermerchant) They take you based on your education and experience and contract you out on short contracts, well after doing a few of those I landed an on call job at a business park here in southern california, which was great, not to mention the property manager was my buddy, but as all things come to an end, so did the job. I was left sending out even more resumes! not being able to wait and the contracts just not cutting it from TCM, I took full time employment at a warehouse lifting boxes all day! I was still paying off school. So being hopeless for about a year thinking my career was over a job posting came up for a west coast rep of our IS department that was here on the west coast. I was pretty much a shoo in with the MCSE/MCSA/A+ and having some background. It just really helps to get our foot in the door. It may seem like there are not many IT jobs, its just that they are usually posted in-house. So if you are young I would find a company that you would like to work for and get your foot in the door any way possible. Either that or start hitting those contracts. Good Luck

ooooo almost forgot, everytime my resume got a response was when I sent a cover letter, always do that!

Harder to come by.

This isn't the roaring 90s where if you could spell 'Internet' you were hired. The jobs are much tougher to get into and the demands on your time and energy are much, much higher. Also, unlike the 80s & early 90s, you will constantly have to re-tool your skills. May sound like fun, but it gets very old, very quickly.

Having said that though, there will be some type of IT jobs around well after we're all long gone. It is still a career field to check out. Just make sure the skills you develop are in demand at they aren't be outsourced @ the drop of a hat.

Finally, one thing newer people are doing is majoring in a non-IT discipline (law, medicine, finance, military, whatever) and minoring in IT. That way you go into the field of your choice, but are very computer literate and tech-savvy. This, I am told, is in very high demand.

Just some thoughts.

Re: FindAComputerGuy.Com

TheDingy said:
Hello,

I signed up with FIndAComputerGuy.com a couple of weeks ago and they have sent me five orders in the past week. I have been out of work since December, and this has been a great help to me and my finances. The link to sign up is https://www.findacomputerguy.com/index.php?pgid=indconapppg1&newuser=true&referid=TheDingy

I signed up with find a Computer Guy and did 1 job for them on Nov 3rd and they still haven't paid me.

Be careful with them, I suspect a guy there named 'Linn' posts under different names to get folks to sign up.

I will never do business with this company again! There are a few others in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom