CANON LBP-800 printer and Win Xp SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Here my current problem.

Client of mine as a Canon LBP 800 Laser printer.
I am connecting the printer onto a LBP of the a new computer with the following specs :-
Athlon64 3000+ BOX (2.0GHz) Processor with HyperTransport (socket 754), Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M MoBo, 256Mb DDR Ram, Seagate 80 Gb Hard drive, LG 52x CDRW, BenQ FP567V2BLACK 15" TTF Monitor, Interneral 56K D-Link Software Modem, Windows Xp Pro SP2.

The problem that I am currently having that every time I go to print some thing locally from this computer, I get a Internet Explorer Error message saying :
DATA EXECUTION PERVENTION
To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program.

According to canon, this printer has no support under Windows Xp. The highest drivers that you can get for this printer is Windows 2k. However i have had success in the past with getting Canon LBP 800 printers to work under Windows Xp wint I use the Win 2k drivers. I know this for a fact as I was able to set this computer up with no problems what so ever on my test bed (Celeron 2600, 256Mb Ram, Win Xp Pro SP2) .

We have also tried printing with the WIndows Xp Sp 2 firewall turned off, and the same problem still happens.

We have also ran a scan for virus and adware just to be sure.

And to finish off, my client computer is a fresh installation.

How do I go about fixing this problem?

There's no suitable driver for XP for that printer, man. I'd be willing to bet it's a discontinued model, too.

If you can't get a driver from Canon for XP for that printer, yer pretty much SOL. It's heavy, I know, but looks like it's time to buy a new printer.

ShoobieRat said:
There's no suitable driver for XP for that printer, man. I'd be willing to bet it's a discontinued model, too.

If you can't get a driver from Canon for XP for that printer, yer pretty much SOL. It's heavy, I know, but looks like it's time to buy a new printer.

ShoobieRat, thank you for giving me the offical Canon-We-Don't-Want-To-Know-About-It-Or-Take-Responibility-Answer. If I wanted that, I would of just simply contacted Canon Australia instead.

The truth of the matter is (if you bothered to read my post) is that the Windows 2000 Drivers worth prefectly fine for this printer under Windows Xp. I know this because :-

1. I have tested it on my Win Xp Sp2 Test Bed at work.

2. I have the same printer at home attached to my computer at home, which is once again Windows Xp.

3. I can configure both Canon LBP 600 Series and LBP 800 Series to many of my clients Windows Xp Computers in the past with the Windows 2000.

So why should this one be any different?

Something's different, buddy. Different firmware in the printer, different com-port driver. Bad cable. Conflicting software from a previous printer installation...

ShoobieRat said:
Something's different, buddy. Different firmware in the printer, different com-port driver. Bad cable. Conflicting software from a previous printer installation...
Tried those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom