Two Win XP Pros On Two Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanbaros

Solid State Member
I wanted to completely reinstall win xp pro but have done it in a different partition.

Now when I turn the pc on it asks me which win xp pro i want to use. I don't need the old version which is on drive c:, only the one on drive d:. Both drives are on the same HD.

I have tried formatting the c drive but it fails to complete.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Milan

Do you have a second hard drive? You may need to migrate all your essential information to it or cd's and reformat the entire hard drive all over again, wiping BOTH sections completely. What make is the hard drive? Liz

I dont have second HD but the files are saved on my ipod so thats no problem. The main problem is I no longer have access to the win xp pro disk.

The make of HD is

DiamondMax Plus9 SATA 160GB 8Mb Cache Hard Disk Drive <9.0ms 7200rpm - OEM

I borrowed it from the school my mum teaches at. As far as I know it isn't illegal since they have a special liscence.

But it wasn't yours. It's the school's. And now you are SOL.

As far as hard drive utility, you can download the MaxBlaster for cleaning the hard drive at: maxblast3 Liz

Thanks Southernlady.

BTW, I checked it out and it really isnt illegal ;) Teachers are allowed to install the software on their primary computer for work use.

Ok, then get your mom to bring it back home so you can reinstall it. And download the MaxBlaster to clean the hard drive prior to installation. If you need help with that part, just holler. Liz

Get a bootdisk and delete the partition, install xp oh the drive you want, format the other drive later within windows once you are setup, then go to diskmgmt.msc and format it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom