no desktop after login

Status
Not open for further replies.

r33d

Solid State Member
im using Windows XP Pro, I was working on a site im currently in the middle of desiging, and i went to preview the site in Internet Explorer (my default browser is Mozilla Firefox) the screen went my desktop colour (grey) the taskbar went and all my icons on the desktop dissapeared, however i could move my mouse.

I had to restart my computer because i couldnt do ctrl+alt+del or anything and even now when i start up i log into my user and it just appears as a grey screen. I tryed safe mode and everything works perfectly..i also tryed system restore but for some reason it wont let me restore to an earlier date. Im currently doing a virus scan with norton 2005.

If anyone has any sugestions please help me! i want to try and stay away from repairing/reinstalling windows, but if its my last choice then il do it.

please!!!

thankyou

Did recent activity's include naughty sights or download pirated software or something like that?

Hopefully this is virus or spyware related. If it's windows related, the only real way you get get around these problems is reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom