Ethernet port not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Ok guys, this all started because some jer-off yanked my surge-protector chord out of the wall. Well of course I put my surge protector chord back into the wall socket, turned on my comp, and voila, my comp continuously tells me that there is an Operating system error and refuses to boot up Windows. So I end up booting Windows from its cd, reinstalling everything, re-installing ati-drivers, sound blaster audigy stuff, and everything else, but I notice something strange. When I try to connect to the internet, no dice. My Westell modem refused to acknowledge an Ethernet connection between my moden and my comp. Me, being the paranoid bastard that I am, had an extra, un-opened and non-used Westell modem lying around, with a new Ethernet chord. I try using it too, and guess what? Shit out luck again, and that is when I realized that it wasn't my modem that was ruined, it was my my comp's ethernet port that was not working. I am currently connected to the internet via USB, but any idea on how to fix my ethernet port problem on my compy?

id say its gone for good... thats jut what i think tho.. might be wrong.. just make the bum who pulled ur cord out buy u a pci network card, or bettera a whole new mobo :D

Next time try chkdsk or automatic system restore. You probably just ended up with a corrupted file that was being written while the plug was pulled.

I didn't see in the post where you installed the drivers for your motherboard's chipset. I also don't see any mention of drivers for your ethernet controller. If you haven't installed the MB drivers, do that first after a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom