not a clue about MBoard temp - help MS6430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullit

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I downloaded Motherboard Monitor 5.3.7.0 based on a newspaper article (UK: Telegraph).

After installing, an alarm went off at 70° Celsius / 158 F.

Can someone tell me the correct temp that my MS-6340M motherboard should be running at? It has a 1ghz AMD chip on it.

Haven't a clue where to find this info. Would like to start to understand the temp and see if it is fluctuating.

Look forward to your help
Cheers

ok, I've messed about wiht the monitor and looks like I've pointed the monitor to the proper sensors (Lm78 and Lm78 Probe)

Am now getting case -1°C and CPU 3°c

Looks better - think 70°c I could have boiled tea on.

Would like more info

I don't think that is right. Your temperatures should not be below room temperature, unless it's pretty cold where you are. Normally CPU temperatures range from the 30's to the 50's and maybe even 60 in some cases, but 70 is a bit too hot. Motherboards are cooler.

At least in my bios you can monitor the voltages as well as the temps of your case and cpu. I highly doubt that your case temp is -1c, below freezing, and your cpu at 3c. I was able to get my cpu down to 10c with the windows open to the outside with a temp of -40f.

I have never had my bios temps way off base. If you have an asus mobo its software is very helpfull, and I havent seen it give a wong reading.

cheers for the help folks. Think I'll just leave it alone. Its not an intensely used machine (photoshop bein the heaviest app)
I'm sure enough its all within acceptable limits.

as for -1 I dont know what I was thinkin. Back to school for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom