Overclocking from windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
Ive been ocing my cpu from the bios for a while now, but I just recently tried clock gen, a program that supposedly does it from windows. Ant it seemed to work, just a simple click and my cpu went to the desired setting.

Is it bad to change the fsb of a cpu w/o restarting, or should I just continue to do it this way?

mabe just my problems but have you checked in cpu-z and in system info that your cpu is actualy doing the desired oc cos when i used AI Booster (asus oc program) it said it had oc'd but it hadn't really till i restarted

CPU-z and everest both say the new cpu clock right after I change it. But when I look in the System Information, that clock stays the same...

BIOS OC'ing is much safer IMO. Unless you absolutely have to OC in windows cause your BIOS doesnt offer those options I suggest you just do it in the BIOS

ABIT sent me the board with all kinds of windows temp monitors and OCing programs. If you have an abit board, you can prob go download something.

hmm try downloading another ocing program and checking in that. mabe clock gen

Thats what I used, and after rebooting my computer, the cpu went back to the stock speed.

And yea I can do it through my bios, but I thought it would be much simpler to do it from windows, like underclock the cpu when im gonna be idle, and then overclock it when I need it. But I guess ill just stick to the bios and reboot it everytime.

The newer MSI boards, like the K8N Neo-FSR lets you change the BIOS settings while in windows, and they do change while in windows, The only problem i had was when it accidently took the HTT from 250, to 251, any higher than 250 and my system locks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom