eVGA 6600GT on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dident notice this thread earlier. Man, i cant wait intil you get that baby, this weekend you'll be injoying it. Man, i totaly understand how it is with no funds. Its been to long, i want my system up finally. I should be getting that money this weekend. I hope the 6600's ClockCore speed can increase alot. That would really help.
Yeah dude I can't freakin wait. Gonna play a while at stock settings though, let the GPU and mem warm up a bit so they'll want to OC a little more. Give it a couple days and then I'll begin to OC it.

I'm gonna have to play HL2 and Doom3 all over again :D, I never did beat doom3. I went to hell, and then you know how you come back to the delta level again? Well I stopped there and had to format my computer and never have reinstalled it or beat it :p

Also I will be able to play Kotor:II in it's full glory. 1280x1024 res (thats my monitors max), 4x aa and 8x af, 8x aa would probably be too much for it, so 4x will do just fine.

Far cry all over again..and that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game thats coming out....oooooh can't wait. Been building this computer since august basically and it's just now to 'my perfection'

I know technically people would bash it 'cause its not 64, not PCI-E, not this, not that, not a 6800GT' but whatever....FUNDS MAN FUNDS..

If I had $5000 like some of these other spoiled children I'd be phase changing FX-55 AND THEN WHAT!?! :D :) :p

I dont think hes going to need much VGA cooling. He has a really good air cooling system with a liquid system. Im sure he'll end up getting some kind VGA block though....will you?

Dude you need to get WoW yo. Thats one of the 3 games im getting when my system is done. My additction is going to go striaght gaming lol. Im serious, im going to try and slow down with drugs, and turn it over to my computer lol.

I know im getting WoW, some type of BF, not sure about the 3rd game though. Yeah, its a very good idea to warm that card up. I'll end up doing the samething with my howl system. Whats the STALKER game about?

are you gonna OC your card with stock HSF or aftermarket?
Stock.

I want to compete before you buy a waterblock
I won't be getting that for some time, IF I even wind up getting one.

What are your exact specs DJ? What program would you want to throw down? Do you have your card OC'd? Is it also eVGA...give me complete system hardware details :D

Im sure he'll end up getting some kind VGA block though....will you?
Don't know, would be way down the line. No more money until next month, and besides a normal GPU block, I'd need a block for the PCI-E CPU they put on there and then good ramsinks like the ones by tweakmonster or something. They have water blocks for the 6800 that cover up the GPU and ram which are very effective.

Dude you need to get WoW yo.
Meh, don't much care for the warcraft series. The only game I've played like that is C&C: Generals

I know im getting WoW, some type of BF,
some type of boyfriend? :p just messin with ya

Whats the STALKER game about?
They took thousands of pictures and satellite images of chernobyl and recreated it to almost perfection. Bunch of monsters and stuff, very half-lifeish, but I haven't checked up on it's specs lately because when I first saw it there was but a few screenshots. The weapons detail looks ridiculous

EDIT: Hey DJ, question for ya, what kind of load temps do you get on your card? I've never had a card with a temp sensor before :p

I've heard up to 80C is fairly normal, freakin hygors card was hitting 100C!! But yeah I don't want mine coming anywhere near that.

I dont have 6600GT it's on RMA right now

I have mine at 38 idle stock and 70 load stock

Mine was an XFX 6600GT and did a very good scoring 8750 3dmarks.

We can do w/e benchmarks you want after i get this back...

I didnt tell XFX on my RMA that i pushed up the core to 595 and it worked though, than artifacted :/

Oh yeah i see both 900mhz and 1000mhz EVGA cards, what is yours?

It's funny, around here EVGA is like the devil with the reviews :/

I really don't know, because when I click on 'Manufacturer specifications' at zipzoomfly, it links to the eVGA site and it says 1GHz, so I'm hopin it's that, when you go to newegg they have it listed at 900MHz...I'll just assume it'll be 900MHz so if it's that I'm not disappointed and if it's 1GHz I'll be pleasantly surprised :p

I haven't read too many reviews on the eVGA 6600GT actually, but I have confidence in it's abilities :D

I just hope it OC's nice. We gotta do a test of stock settings, and then one of seeing how far we can push them.

I never do bench tests so I don't really care which one we try.

How about just 3dmark03 since everyones familiar with it? I don't want to go 05 because that program ridiculous stresses them

But you still didn't give me the rest of your computer specs :D

Give me the info! :D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom