no display / cpu fan fail???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried a diff fan with a 3 pin conector pluged it into the mobo and it spinend but it still said the same error im not sure if the fans rpm was 2 low or wat =/ i need help asap pleaseee!

Your motherboard isnt detecting the fan spinning up.

Simple problem, simple solution

RMA your new mobo.

You could try resetting your bios back to defaults, it tells you how to do that in your manual for your mobo

Make sure that the 3-prong connector from the fan is plugged correctly into the correct connector. On some mobos if it is tech advanced enough, it will detect the CPU fan only in that connector. THis could cause an error!

I had the problem before on a computer and setting the bios to the default fix it

I think I clear the cmos

Turn off the power to the mobo and take the little battery out for about 30 min to clear the CMOS. Then disconnect and reconnect the power cord to the heatsink fan and give 'er another try. Also you could try booting with the heatsink fan disconnected simply to see if you can boot at all.

If the CMOS fix does not work, try this, if you have a stock Intel HSF, on the heatsink there should be an Intel hologram, pull that back a little bit(where the wiring enters the module under the sticker), and see if you notice any burn marks. You might of burnt out a resistor or something else.

I would think if a resistor burned out the fan probably would not spin up to normal speed (if at all). But the burn check is a good suggestion providing the CMOS doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom