heatsink fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang2009

Baseband Member
I just installed a new Thermaltake Polo 735 heatsink fan, and after installing it and booting up, my computer said cpu fan failure. I connected the single wire back into the mother board, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. The fan works fine on all settings. Can anyone help? Thanks

So does it work now? Since you pluged the wire in? If not what kind of processor do you have?

Yes the fan works, but on start up my motherboard says cpu fan failure, then continues. I have a amd 2500+ barton with a a7n8x asus mobo. Thanks

ok, did you plug the fan into the little port that says, CPU FAN. if you dont plug it into there, the mobo thinks there isnt one and it gives you an error. and make sure you put the yellow wire in too.

The only wire I had to plug in was a yellow one, whichI put it back in where the orignal stock heatsink fan was. The other wires were the power and controller. Thanks

well when is start my comp it says cpu fail beacause when my cpu hasn't been on for a while it has cooled down below the fan theshhold

im h aving the same problem but for me nothinf displays or boots up it just keeps asyin cpu fan fail it was workin fine until i restaretd and it keeps on saying the same shit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom