CD Burner Problem!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
The CD Burner stopped opening on my friends computer, so he was doing something not very smart, opening it with a paper clip while the computer was powered up, I found the same questing in the paper so I used those instructions, 1. Go to My Computer find the drive right click and hit eject (it recongised that he clicked, light went on but nothing happened) 2. Go to device manager and find it and hit remove and then reboot and it will recongise and work again, there is no remove when I right clicked in device manager. Do I disable? He also cannot burn CD's. Is it software?
NEED HELP!
Thanks in advance, hope you have the solution...

Maybe sure that the ribbon cable is completely attached in the back of the drive. If the pc was moved around it might have been knocked loose. If it was particaly connected, it might recognize some of the commands the computer is telling it to do.

Other wise it sounds like the drive might be dead.

You could try it in a different pc or a different drive in that pc to see what is causing the problem.

Nice doubble post :/

If it isnt that ribbon cable, your drive needs to be fixed. However unless it's a really good drive, it's not worth the money to be fixed. And it most likely will be hard to fix.

Even for drives that cost me 300-350, it's barely worth it to repair them instead of replace (if the problem is any signifigence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom