PSU Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Hey all i think i need a new psu. When i oc my chip and take the vcore past 1.5 in the bios all my programs say its only doing 1.5-1.52. i think that this must be due to crappy psu but before i went out and got a new one i thought i should check.

If it is the psu then if you could tell me a good one 400 watt min to get thnx :)

That's pretty weird. If your going to be serious about overclocking you might want to get an nforce4 ultra. They're manufactored for overclocking, else you should just get a high quality psu with accurate voltages.

It's not your power supply, the motherboard strictly handles the voltage for the CPU.

ok thnx i can get 300fsb stable so thats fine and getting a new mobo is not an option. what happens is that i put in the bios 1.6v and when i start up asus ai boost (gives temps and voltages) or nvidia overclocking program (can;t remember the name) it still reads 1.5 or 1.52 vcore. i was thinking that this must be psu related and that it just can't put out higher voltages? o and nubious the max vcore in bios is 1.65 but yea when i set it to that it still is pumping out 1.5 . im pritty sure that this is accurate cos my temps don't rise and they seem to be accurate.

just so you know i can presently get 2.6ghz stable at 1.5 with stock cooler (gonna get a new one i think venus 12 but if anyone has any other suggestions their welcome) and id like to get 2.8-3
i hope i will be able to reach that but hell i spose i should be happy with what i got :) but then again why be happy with what i have when i can get more?

plz help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom