World Record T-Bred Overclock. 3.6GHz Sempron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS, thats a nice OC man. Is that a 939 or 754? Also, what type of cooling do you have?

Well, that's not all that good. They had a p4 running at 6.02 ghz and they had it stable at 5.4ghz
Dude....you can't compare intels with AMD, everyone knows this. 3.6GHz for a socket A sempron is mighty impressive...ITS A WORLD RECORD...so you go ahead and tell that guy that 'its not all that good' :rolleyes:

PP - No it's not air, it's phase change, he's just saying that they didn't have to resort to liquid nitrogen, but phase change is pretty close. Might have been a dual cascade.

Codeine said:
DJ-CHRIS, thats a nice OC man. Is that a 939 or 754? Also, what type of cooling do you have?

That's a socket 939 3400+ newcastle. Very rare CPU and it isnt offered in retail packages. Besides the fact that this is OEM, i havnt found a difference between this and the 130nm 3500's.

My cooling is an Thermaltake Venus 12 and it keeps my temps pretty nice. Idle used to be at 27, but is 28\29 after increasing the voltage.

Stress is low, and i will test it now.

I wouldn't be jealous of a sempron though. No doubt your 64bit CPU can be at 2.5GHz and whoop up on that sempron up to like 3GHz+ before it starts to compete with yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom