Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theworthless104

Beta member
I am having extreme performance difficulties with my ATI x700 pro...
all reviews i read with the x700 state that i should get at least 70fps if not more on HL2.. and yet i sit here with 30 at most in corners at lowest settings... please help...

my specs are:

Intel 2.8ghz Celeron D
512mb PC3200 DDR RAM
80Gig Western Digital
Win XP Home Ed.
420W Pwr Supply
ATI Radeon x700 pro Pci-e

The celeron looks like it could be your bottleneck. Make sure you have the most recent drivers and what not. Is there a molex power connector on the card that you forgot to plug in? You should double check everything
-Joe

You have a celeron. HL2 demands the best systems. Besides that, a x700 is a pretty low-profile card for such a game. I know people that get lagg with a 6800 GT on full settings. So you have to consider your card, vs a 6800 GT. If the 6800 GT have problems, then a x700 should. HL2 and Doom 3 need 512bit video cards. So dont feel bad yo.

I know DJ-CHRIS has been around for such complaints. Its not a problem, just your system cant handle that type of game.

RAM seems a little slow...perhaps
Too slow? It's PC3200... a gig of it would help a little, but yeah for the most part, that celeron is killing you. 2.8GHz celeron is really weak

yeah im looking to buy another 512 and also when i checked the memory speed on my x700 pro they were only at half of what newegg said it should be? what could cause this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom