Agp driver corrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim33

Beta member
My comp. crapped out a little while ago, but i am now trying to fix it due to lack of money. My problem starts with a bsod, not randomly, but EVERY time windows starts up. The bsod reads "unmountable boot volume". I've tried booting it up in safe mode and this is where i think i found some source of the problem, when its rolling through the list of drivers it stops at the amdagp driver and immediately goes to the bsod. This made me think immediately to this driver being corrupted. But i can t start windows in any way to attempt to fix this problem. Any help is grealty appreciated.

When booting up to Win XP you may get a error that reads "Unmountable Boot Volume". This is probably because your boot.ini file is messed up.
So, what do you do about it, panic and try to mount your boot in your computer...... No that is probably not a good idea.

You can boot to the XP cd and when you see the Welcome to setup press the letter R
You will get a dos prompt
Then type "chkdsk /p" without the quotes and hit enter
When that is done type "fixboot" and hit enter
"Y" and enter at the prompt
Then type "exit" and hit enter
The system will now reboot into Windows, hopefully.

If for some reason that don't work for you, you can boot to the recovery console like above and...
Type "chkdsk /r" then enter
When done type "exit" and hit enter.
This will take longer, but the system should boot back into Windows, hopefully...

Thank you for suggestions, house is currently overturned looking for that disc which i kept if a very safe place, only problem is, i have no idea where that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom