System normal temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well I'm feeling really dumb now cause I have gone into everythhing I could think of to find my bios in my computer and no success in finding what temp my computer is running at.
I'm having a problem with the fan getting really loud at times, not all the time. And it sure seems to be putting out alot of heat. I went into the set up F10 when starting the computer, went into system info, system properties, can someone please tell me where to find the temp. Compaq tried to tell me that there is no way to find that out, but obviously you people are finding it.

after del you will get into the cmos setup. go to hardware monitor and it will show you fan speeds and cpu temps and MB (motherboard) temps. if your computer is in a place where its kinda warm that could be why its 10C warmer than mine.

if your harware monitor has a q-fan control set it to enabled and turn the speed ratio down. you could have the fan set to full speed is why its so loud. consult your motherboard manual or download info from the www.asus.com site

I tried the delete button and the esc buttton at start up and it just started up as normal it didnt take me to any other screen. Is it different with win xp?

Hmmmm,, those original temps seem on the "normal" High side,,,

I would suggest as others,, improve air-flow,, and as an addition,, get rounded IDE cables, or Mod your own(need a steady hand and NO coffee)

I have the Athlon DLT3C superchip 1700,, OC'd to equivalent of a 2600,, running with 5 fans ,, rounded IDE cables,,and my temp with SPlinter Cell running, and all the bells and whistles to boot is ranging between 32 - 35 degrees,,, nice and cool,,,

Keep it Cool!

cheers,

Some thermal paste on your CPU should take a few degrees off your cpu, as well as the motherboard.!!

flgirl said:
Compaq tried to tell me that there is no way to find that out, but obviously you people are finding it.

oh did you mention compaq? in that case they are right. their hardware is very low quality. they have to cut corners and features like temperature monitoring might not be found in the cmos setup with their boards.

Well that would explain why I cant find it anywhere I know I will never buy another compaq, now I just need to make up my mind on a Dell or Toshiba. I was starting to really feel stupid and blind lol. Well thanks for the info.

pretty much all the pre-manufactured computers are the same including dell and i'm sure toshiba too. they cut corners whenever they need to. and sometimes its not possible to upgrade parts in them very easily.

that said i'll tell you the manufacturers that i would suggest buying from if you don't build the computer yourself:

Compaq (yes compaq!) and Dell
---------------------------------------

Do not buy from Sony. They sell computers at about the same quality as the others buy the prices are outrageous including their monitors. with sony you are paying for the brand name not the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom