Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, i've always wanted to try my hand at overclocking but i don't know where to start and i don't want to fry a brand new cpu. I was thinking, i have a few old pentium 166mhz lying around the house and I want to try and overclock one (i don't care if I fry the chip that's why im using an old pentium 1) but the bios doesnt seem to have any ocing options. what do i do because i know that you can overclock them because that's when overclocking really started.

thx for you help guys

There are programs out there to overclock in windows. Find out what chipset you have, as I only know one for nforce3.

btw, you wont be able to get them very far, as they wont have any votage options, well I dont think they will, and they will not go very far anyway.

what programs are there and how do i get them, i dont rly care how far i get in overclocking i just want to see if i can do it, plus my motherboard is an old compaq and there are no freaking jumpers on the motherboard to change the multiplier

i would use the bios but there is nop way of getting into it... i tried everything (del, f10....) its a crap old compaq mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom