Nvidia 6600 Gt 128 or 256 MB does it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i seen them, u get the graphics card and the only motherboard it is compatible with, damn expensive imho, might aswel get a 6800gt

efd753 said:
thxs man danm the more i know the more dent on my wallet i get here what im planning to get what u guys think.

Motherboard: ASUS "A8V-E Deluxe" VIA K8T890 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL $169.00

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail $155.00

Memory: Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail $128.67

Video Card: Chaintech nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, PCI-Express -RETAIL $190.00

Case with PS: ANTEC Performance Plus Case with 430W Power Supply - Retail $120.00

everythign cost $762

with monitor and shiping will get to the 1000 range where i dont want to be so anybody have some idea as to what to change
That memory might give you a little trouble :umm: . It's pretty low quality stuff even though it's corsair.

GeckoEcho421 said:
How can you say it doesn't make a differance? That is a total lie. If your looking to play the newer games like HL2 and Doom3 the double memory will make the game run MUCH smoother because there is more ram to store the super hi-res detailed frames.

The 256 meg 6600 is MUCH slower than the 128 meg 6600GT's.

They only make the 6600GT in 128 meg because with 256 their would be virtually no difference in peformance in today's fast PC's. This is excluding the gigabyte one as it's not a true 6600GT.

efd753 said:
Video Card: Chaintech nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, PCI-Express -RETAIL $190.00

Make sure you download the drivers for this card from nVidia, because the ones you get from ChainTech aren't very good.

different memory? what you mean by low quality it doesnt perform right? it wont last long? is not as fast a the one that cost 200?

if you want to oc then you'll want to get faster memory. also, i highly recomend (as will most on this board) an evga or bfg card instead of the chaintech

ValueRAM is fine for the average user. You only need high performance RAM when you want to overclock that beast to like DDR500 so if you aren't doing that, then your RAM will be fine although I suggest you look into TwinMOS because they make some of the best OC'ing RAM out there and still at cheap prices.

an eVGA or BFG card would be much better. I have a chaintech FX 5700 and it's crapping out already after 6 months. The first card died within 2 months and I RMA'd it....this is the card that they sent to replace the previous and it's already dying. Took a few contact attempts to even get them to RMA it.

Whoa...I was about to link the eVGA at zipzoomfly and it says out of stock now...lol I just bought mine from there 2 hours ago! I guess I got the last one :p

Oh well here it is at newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-220&depa=0

zip had free 2nd day fedex :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom