Want one partition only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dogbreath said:
Thanks for that ImUseless. I'll check those things out first. The 10GB partition for the Operating System seems a good idea. I'm having problems getting my p.c. to 'see' an external 160GB usb hard drive which on different days can be visible in none, one or more than one of the following places; Device Manager/Disk Management/My Computer. Having sought help on various forums and having not been succesful, I decided to try and simplify the rest of my system before proceeding further. I'm clutching at straws at the moment but the ext hdd problem is the ulterior motive for all of this.

try it on this

EricB. Sorry for the confusion. My system drive is a Western Digital 120GB with my ext. hdd being a Lacie 160GB. My post of yesterday brings the story up to speed so far (re the Lacie). I have now decided to leave alone the Western Digital with the exception that I'm considering forming a separate partition for my OS. Can you confim whether the application to which you referred yesterday is compatible with disks other than Maxtor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom