Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera 8

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand either... How many of these in the last 3 days were closed... Read up on the 6800 Ultra EE and the ATI 950. Those are the new cards.

FoxyLoxy has hit it dead on, I would much rather have two very competetive cards rather than one clear "winner". It forces more competetive pricing and motivates both companies to work a little harder to put out a better card.

I have never experienced any driver problems with any ATi card I've used or installed, and the same can be said for nVidia. I have never experienced any of this "wall shadowing" that I've noticed people commenting on lately here, and I have never been disappointed in the performance of either company's cadillac cards.

Some of the ATi bashing demonstrated on this forum is just barbaric, now it is true that ATi has its flaws and nVidia is stronger in certain areas, but the same can be said for both companies.

Having said that, it's perfectly fine to have an opinion based on previous experience with a card, but you cannot simply rule out that every other card ever manufactured by said company is complete and utter crap.

I'm just sick of seeing these forums plagued with these useless topics, they solve nothing, no one cares if you think nVidia or ATi suck. Unless this problem is keeping you from sleeping, I really and truly wish we could just drop this, hold hands and sing. :p

ati 512 mb card!
That much video memory is pretty useless right now, I am much more looking forward to the ATi r520 core with 24 pipelines and its nVidia competitor.

Where do I read up on those new cards?

isn't the next ATi card supposed to have some massive pipelines?

and by the way .....

Ati's x800 family was just a bad series, just like the geForce 5*** series was to the 9***'s. I think ATI will have it's time again.

That much video memory is pretty useless right now, I am much more looking forward to the ATi r520 core with 24 pipelines and its nVidia competitor.
Not for doom3 ULTRA SETTINGS lol. That's why these people who are saying the 6800Ultra sucks need to quit griping because they are putting it on ultra settings, 1600x1200 res, 8x AA, and 16x af and that's just ridiculous. Back when doom3 was first coming out they specifically said Ultra was really meant for 512mb cards for whenever they came out.

I'm jealous of my friends 9600XT, performs better than my FX 5700 which is now crapping out. I just prefer nvidia and think they have a good thing going. This isn't to say ATI is doing bad by any means, but eh....6600GT for me and I'll be happy

I've never played Doom3 but my x800 seems to work good on every other game, aao, cod, some rts's I play. It runs smooth with full aa, af and everything is what I noticed. But then again maybe the xt platinum edition just is that much better than the pro, I don't know.

Ace No-Money, simply go to yahoo or google and search man. How can you say the X800's have been doing bad... The better ones are sick. But, thats just starting a arguement. Im not even going to waste my time.

I dont think all that memory is worthless. Hell, tons of people are complaining about lagg. I just wish you could some how upgrade your video card memory. Rather then buying a new card. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom