new case/cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Um_Help

Beta member
I just bought a Thermaltake Armor case and now im looking at water cooling.

heres what i am thinking of getting. I dont really wanna spend more than 250usd.

CPU Block:
Swiftech MCW6002-64 for AMD® K8 Athlon™64 & Opteron™ $45

Pump:
Swiftech MCP650 12v DC Pump $74

Radiator:
Black Ice Pro II Dual 120mm Radiator $50

Reservoir:
Blue UV Reactive Tundra Single 5.25" Bay Reservoir $30

Fans:
2x Panaflo 120x38mm High Speed $32

Tubing:
5ft x Tygon 1/2in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing #R3603 $10

Extras:
Swiftech CoolSleeves 500 $3

TOTAL $244.00 + shipping so around $250

Will this be a good setup? Anything i forgot or any small part i forgot?

Thanks

Yes, go to DangerDen. They are the top-line liquid cooling company. You can either configure your own system, or just but a kit.

Whats the difference between the RDX and the TDX cpu blocks? Yea the kits are way to expensive.

Edit:

After looking at the different pumps i began to wonder what the difference was between the Swiftech MCP650 12v DC Pump and the The Danger Den DD12V-D4 they both look exactly the same to me. Im sure they probably use the same motors and such.

At the moment i think i may change the pump and the cpu block to the Danger Den brand about the same price. Not sure on the block because i dont really know the difference between the RDX and the TDX blocks. ill probably switch to the Danger Den DD12V-D4 pump. Also, What kind of additives do i need for the water, so stuff doesnt grow inside?

It would be better if you would buy a complete set with everything you needed in one package. That way you would be sure you purchased all the right parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom