does spyware transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibitzer

Solid State Member
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i have two hard drives, one infested with adware and the other clean. If i hook them both up to the same system, will the adware transfer, and i get two infected hard drives? Any help is appreciated.

Just clean the drive that's infested. AdAware and Spybot are both frre for the downloading.

Why would you want to keep it infested anyway?

Usually the files on one drive will not transfer to the other drive without you executing a command to do so. Most spyware files are in the registry anyway, and that is not a likely file area to be transferred to your other hard drive. (I take it you have an extra drive for storage of media,.etc...)

Spyware and viruses also usually need an operating system structure to spread and do what they are programmed to do.

The key words here are "usually".

It is always best to clean an infected drive asap, to ensure that your data stays intact, and does not spead to other drives or computers on a network.

Well what if you Reinstall windows will that do anything? And what if you use spy bot or other spysweeper program and it continues to come back then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom