New System Spec. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Taylor

Solid State Member
Asus A8V-E Deluxe (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-099-AS) £82.50

Corsair 1GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit (2x512MB) (VS1GBKIT400C3) (MY-061-CS) £81.50

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 160GB 6B160MO SATA 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-047-MD) £49.95

Hiper Triple Fan 525W ATX2.2 PSU (CA-001-HP) £42.95

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (CP-097-AM)

not sure about graphics card, its out of:

128MB ASUS Extreme AX700PRO/TVD £ 109.35

128MB Asus Extreme AX700TD £ 82.24

256MB Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro £ 122.38

Whats the differnce between having 128 and 256 mb on the card?

the machine is for achitectural rendering

not a fan of maxtor or asus. looks ok otherwise.

MB on the video card is for textures in a game. 128 is enough, its the core speed that it runs at is what you should be looking into when buying a card. With those choices, i would go with the radeon. Make sure that the motherboard that you are getting can hold that card.

James Taylor said:

the machine is for achitectural rendering

what's up james?

i dig your music...

anyways, 3 main things you need to think about when rendering graphics.

1. more RAM...more RAM...more RAM. 2GB minimum

2. fast CPU

3. don't cheap out on a good card. they make specific cards for rendering and for gaming.

i'd be happy to recommend some other cards, but they are a bit pricey.

the more memory you have on your card, the less it will need to take from the rest of your system.

128 is the norm these days, but most games out currently aren't really utilising that amount.

they just came out w/ a card w/ 512mb memory on it.

never heard of Hiper PSU's...but a 525w PSU should do u just fine.

EdoKoi,

thanks for compliment...... unfortunately i'm no match for the real thing!!!!

i'll be upgrading to 2gb of ram as soon as, probably next months pay packet!!

which cards would you recommend? i'm not bothered about the gaming side of things only rendering.

i've curently got another thread running about the cpu concerning hyperthreading and hypertransport -

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44967

if you'd take a look any info is high appreciated. think i'm almost there now and can finally press order!!

thanks

James

That's fast...It looks pretty good. 2 GB of ram sounds good. I'm just not a big fan of london pounds...but the dollar's falling.

James Taylor said:

which cards would you recommend? i'm not bothered about the gaming side of things only rendering.

Matrox cards are excellent for rendering, graphics, 2D, 3D production, Photoshop....etc.

if you ever decide you want a triple monitor display, it can stretch across 3 monitors!

it's a bit pricey, but like you said, you aren't looking for a gaming card..this should suit you just fine.

many Graphics "Pros", freelance digital photographers i know, swear by this card....

and as for your CPU...what the hell, go for the 3500...or do like i did, and get a cheaper 3000+ so when the FX's drop in price, i'm ready for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom