Ip address conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasudev

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I recently formatted my comp and installed Win XP again.Since then it shows me an error " Windows detected an IP address conflict" .Can u tell me wat is wrong.Thx in advance.

It means you have the same IP address that is already leased to someone else. Try renewing your IP address and see if that will clear the problem.

In XP go to START>RUN then type CMD to get to the command prompt. Then type in ipconfig /release to release your current IP address, wait for confirmation that it has been released, then type ipconfig /renew to obtain a new IP address.

Have you done anything weird to how your IP adresses are assigned?

If this persists, make sure you have enough DCHP slots in your router, and change any static IP's.

No i havent done anything with my ip address.I have cable internet and i m assigned a diff ip each time i log onto the network.

Different IP everytime on the cable network? You make it sound like your not using a router.

If this is a case where you dont have a router, this is a (major) problem for your cable ISP most likely.

he probably ran the network setup wizard with another computer of his network off and it assigned his computer the other computer IP. it happen to me once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom