DVD won't play (on my computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomTheBomb

Beta member
i was in the middle of watching a movie on my computer (using PowerDVD) and all the sudden it freezes, so i closed it tried to open it back up and it says:

Error Code: F4D41436
The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly.

then when you click detailed it says:

This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

i've watched lots of movies on my computer and i've never had this problem before. Whats going on?? :(

EDIT: i tried playing it in InterActual and it says:

Error PL4010: A Macrovision® error occurred while trying to play the DVD. Your current display driver may not support Macrovision® protected DVD video, or you may be using a display mode not supported by your system. Please refer to your video hardware manufacturer for information about Macrovision® support.

another thing, i just installed service pack 2

I think your last sentence may have summed up why I am going to avoid SP2 for a while. It is probably some anti-piracy feature that is not working like intended.

Did you try restarting and whatnot? If you are utilizing the tv-out port (or a piece of software is) and then the pice of software freezes up and s forcefully terminated (crtl+alt+del) then often the tv-port is still left open (but is no longer being addressed by the piece of software) and when the software is reopened it sees the tv-port as being in use by another piece of software (even though it was just using it a second ago, but never was told to stop using it).

Usually restarting fixes that issue, which probably isn't even the problem, but then again...maybe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom