PCI graphics card installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMan3288

Baseband Member
hi guys im a complete newb excuse me for my incompetence :).... but i am going to but a graphics card for my compaq presario so i can play games on it..... i cracked it open and looked and couldnt really tell what goes where and how... i can see the white ports and what i believe the original card is in the bottom white port.... i dont see the brown AGP port that i have looked up...i dunno if it has one.... but if someone could walk me through how to install the card it would be great, thanks , matt

im not sure if this computer comes with a card or not i cant tell... but there is some type of card in one of the white slots.... help appreciated thanks

since you have your case open.

you can find out where the current card is by looking for the plugin for your monitor.

just follow the connection to inside your computer.

What kinda card did u get?

ANd if You got a AGP card... and u see no brown AGP port.. you might of swam up the creek :confused:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...gory=compaq_presario&storeName=computer_store

^^ The two desktops in the middle have AGP slots, the other two series do not.

If yours is one of the middle two series your in luck and can upgrade to an AGP card, otherwise your a bit scuppered there.

Your AGP slot may not be brown, mine is green :p

Take a look above your white PCI slots, if you see a smaller (in length) slot that is slightly set back thats your AGP slot.

if i get a pci card tho then ill be ok tho right??? and it will work fine... and how do i take out the original card?

Just check for a brown slot that is longer and report back.

With a "white slot" PCI graphics card, the best peformance will be a mx440. PCI severely limits a graphics card.

i really dont see one........i see a black vertical one with something in it already.... ...how can i tell which one is the old card?

these should help you guys help me

02_28_05_1159.jpg

02_28_05_1200.jpg

02_28_05_1201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom