Ok, I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glue Ninja

Beta member
Ok, I'm an idiot - retrieving lost files

I accidentally deleted a file I need, and unknowingly emptied the recycle bin. I'd heard somewhere that you can recover recently deleted files with DOS, anyone know how?

Thanks in advance.

eh... you probably wont be able to recover it. i think there is a software program out there that would have been able to recover it IF you had it installed prior to the deletion.

i highly doubt you'll be getting your file back :|

Your not going to be using dos, your going to be using a piece of software like what The Major is talking about...

Good Luck

When windows deletes files it doesnt actually delete them, just pretends they are not there and counts them as "free space". So your files are still actually there you just cant get to them easily. There are programs out there that allow you to restore these programs and files which you have deleted but most of them charge for it.
They will show you what can be recovered for free. but to actually recover the files you need to pay them,

Just pray that it hasn't been overwritten, it would be pretty ironic if you installed a file recovery program and it overwrote the file you deleted :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom