New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

japanesecowboy

Beta member
I'd like to get some opinions on whether I should save money and go for an AMD FX-55 or spend my money asap and get a less expensive processor. Right now I'm weighing my decision on the 939 pin format. Is this going to be an important feature to now and in the future with unregistered ram now available? Anyway, give me a shout out and maybe you can point out something I didn't think about.

Thanks,
JC, CA

Definately go with a 939. But I'd wait about getting a FX-55. The next one should be out soon, and the dual cores before year's end.

939 is going to be around for a while. AMD has already anounced that the first publicly available dual cores will be 939s.

As far memory, have you seen the articles about the need speeds they are making in DDR? Like 500 Something and 700something.

You dont have to wait man. The FX-55 is insane. If you can afford to get that, then go ahead. Personally, i wouldent spend that much money on a processor. What about a AMD64 3800 clawhammer? Those are great processors. Or a AMD64 4000.

If you want to built a PC, dont let anything stop you. Because something new will always be coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom