OC 2600+ more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok i have a 2600+ in my old machine and i was wonderin if i could make it go any higher? All i have on it for cooling is a thermaltake11 xasier edition.:( BTW i have it sittin at 2.3ghz

I don't understand what kind of info people are expecting to get when they ask questions like these. We can't possibly tell you how much further you can expect to get. Every system, CPU, motherboard, all that crap is different so finding out it's limit is up to you, it's not simply something we can tell you.

Why wouldn't you be able to go further? Like he said it all depends on the chip and whatnot. Just keep pushing it until you don't feel safe pushing it more and your temps are too high.

Anything above 50C for me is too high, but that's just me

I got my 2400+ Tbred-B to 2.4GHz (using the Cooler Master Aero 7+) but i didn't run that 24/7. It's all about stepping really...and i totally forgot what stepping the 2400+ was lmao. I'd got for 2.4GHz, that's usually where regular destops all got (2100+ and above i think)...some did more but those were the exceptional ones that didn't need as much voltage and stayed cooler.

Alright thanx. so im guesing i can get it up to 2.4 my self? i think i already tried but it wouldnt let me go any higher but il ltry again. my temps are sitting at 47c full load right now.

is it a thoroughbred? i had mine running a 2.3 for quite awhile but had to have my old jet7 on full and that was very very loud :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom